Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What Can I Do To Get Better!?

It's the question that lingers in my brain on the daily. I am literally 3 weeks shy before I step foot on stage half naked in front of people I don't even know. Am I terrified? Not really. Maybe... kinda? Nervous? Just a little. It's the same feeling I used to get when I did theater in high school and I would run through my lines over and over again -- in hopes that I wouldn't miss a line when the spotlight hit my face. I keep thinking about walking in those heels and how I will do my best to NOT fall on my face.  


The preparation for this competition has been and continues to be challenging. Physically, I feel like my body is in a constant shock from the workouts I've been doing. This week, I started committing myself to doing 'two-a-days' with sprint intervals in the morning and then either bootcamp training, metabolic workouts and strength training in the evenings. Last week, I did a couple 'two-a-days' with conditioning rounds on the prowler in the evenings, but I soon realized that if I'm out or up late and try to do early morning workouts -- the devil in my body comes out and shuts everything down putting my ass to bed. 


For example, after a long hectic week from work and workouts, my body pulled a ninja move on me. I couldn't function and my body was hating me. On Friday, I left work early and went straight to bed. Let me tell you that the THREE hour nap that I took made an EPIC recovery on my body. It's crazy what rest can do for your temple that is oh-so-precious. 
I'm sore, but motivated. Truth of the matter is, there is ALWAYS some muscle on my body that is sore. Foam rolling, stretching, nutrition and recovery is the only way to keep my body healthy and to continue seeing results. 


My biggest challenge thus far has been my nutrition. I am compliant with my diet 99% of the time. 99 PERCENT! When I say compliant, I mean that I am eating protein with every meal 4-5 times a day. I am drinking at least a gallon of water a day (sometimes TWO gallons!) and I am eating my green veggies as much as a HULK could. As for that .1%? (ONE PERCENT....!)That's coffee my friend. Ugh. I am being brutally honest with you because I am NOT PERFECT. No one is. I wouldn't say that I am a coffee ADDICT but as of lately it's just that one cup that makes me feel warm inside. If I don't have it, I'm okay without it. I KNOW what I need to do and that is to cut it out COMPLETELY. At least for the next three weeks. I can do it. There are no more excuses. 


Everything else in my diet has been clean, I just need to eat more. It's already tough enough on this Green Faces diet 'Phase II' -- to eat more when I'm not even hungry. However, with the amount of workouts I'm doing I should be consuming about 1400 calories a day, when I am only reaching around 1200 a day. It is hard to fathom how I am going to eat more when I already feel like I eat a lot, when I am barely eating carbs. I just need to remember that I need to eat good carbs right now -- so hello yams and sweet potatoes, I love you long time. 


I will keep you posted on my how my diet will change as I get closer to bikini time! 


Okay, let's focus. Back to the title of this blog entry. "What can I do to get BETTER?" 
With THREE weeks under my belt...


Here is my formula: 
1. 100 % Compliant with nutrition (No MORE Coffee!)
2. RECOVERY (Rest, Stretch, & Foam Roll)
3. Training (Continue to push hard & challenge myself) 


Just THREE things to FOCUS on for the next THREE weeks! 


Let's DO it! STAGE READY BABY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment