Thursday, June 2, 2011

WEEK 5 - ?

If it's 'just' one of them days, then the Monica song needs to be blaring in my ears right now. "That a girl goes through..." (I know you're singing it right now...)


I slept a total of about 13 hours last night and I feel like ????. Is this normal? I wish I had one of those charts full of pictures and descriptions of different moods to choose from so I could try to figure out which one I feel like today and why. Maybe sleeping 13 hours yesterday wasn't the greatest idea after all. On the other hand, it could be my hormones typing these words right at this moment. I mean, after all I am a Cancer and my mood swings follow the tides of the ocean and the moon, so I blame my sign. 


So there's that big question mark. It's now Week 5 and I have one week left of this contest.  How am I feeling? Well, let's just say I've learned a few things over the past week about my body. 


Number One: I need about 8 hours of sleep a night for my body to fully recover from a workout. This is also including eating healthy. 


Number Two: Recovery is more important than Quantity. If I'm putting in a high amount of quality and intensity into my workout, recovery is needed in order to see results. 


Number Three: Sleep is like my lover. People always say, "Sleep is overrated, You'll sleep when your dead." I agree to disagree. Sleep feels so good. (TO ME) The only time I will sacrifice sleep is for the following reasons: good company, a good laugh, meal, book or movie. I guess that means I sacrifice sleep a lot when need be. 


Listening to my body has probably been the most beneficial thing I've done lately. Please note that your body will shut down if you don't. It fights back like a shark attack. Trust me.


I'm ready for WEEK 6. Let's GET it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment