Monday, July 25, 2011

*BiKiNi WaRRioR* PART I

People often use the phrase, "Milk does a body GOOD." But, this week I'm using the phrase, "H20 does a body GOOD." Never in my life did I ever think I would be able to consume THREE gallons of water a day. You may not think it is humanly possible, but for the past three days, I have consumed a total of 9 GALLONS OF WATER! 


Yep. NINE full Gallons of water. I peed every 20 minutes the non-color of crystal clear and woke up every two hours due to the bladder knockn' on toilets door. 


Why so much water? Gotta flush out the system and if you haven't been reading... this Saturday, I am competing in the 2011 NPC Washington State Open BodyBuilding, Fitness, Bikini & Physique Championship. This is the first time I will be prancing around strutn' my half naked self in front of hundreds of people.  


I am always up for a challenge, so I took this competition by the horns! I've been training like an athlete, eating crazy super clean and I even walked around Walmart on Sunday with a gallon of water, to stalk up on... well ya know, MORE WATER! Then, when I arrived at work Monday morning, my coworkers surprised me with more water for my birthday. Hence, in the photo above - the display of 8 gallons of H20! 


I have to say that this past week has been a challenge but fun adventure. I started off my Saturday with a pre-celebration of my 27 years of life by gettin' muddy and dirty at the Warrior Dash in North Bend, WA. I finished the filthy 5k in 43:30. Not as fast as I wanted and I probably would have finished a lot faster if I didn't fall so much in the mud... ON MY FACE! It was totally worth it! 



The best part about this experience? Running like a WARRIOR over cars, tires and lots of MUD! The grossest part was riding the bus back to my car and sitting in someone else's mud. Smelly. Gross. I should have taken a picture. 


On another note: Do you know how hard it is to take off muddy shoes? Take a look above. The mud literally suctioned onto my feet like cement. Needless to say, I had to say goodbye to my NIKE's and my Dri-Fit socks. Overall, I will take on this challenge next year and beat my time! 


Stay Tuned for Part II of 'Bikini Warrior' as I will be sharing the rest of this week's preparation leading up to Saturday's big EVENT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment